Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What are you looking at? I hope not me.

I have a head set at work. Not only do i look something like a pop star who can't be tied down with an old school mic since that would hinder my oh so scandalous dance moves- but it's actually functional- not in the way that you'd image-I don't answer calls with it- i used to, but then we changed systems. regressed in technology and now i answer phones with an actual receiver- but i keep the head piece so i can my music though it and not disturb others... in theory.

I've had this song in my head for days. And i love it. It's awesome because i don't know all the words, so you hear me belt out the parts i know and then you hear something that sounds like a mix of drunk talk and animal whining," Duh duh duh Whheeen yo saaaaid doooo dooo..." and i get odd looks. I think (hope) mostly it's because i forget where i am. Not at some podunk karaoke joint, or safely in my car where i can make whatever sounds i want and not feel ashamed... but it's because i am at work. At the front desk. And simultaneously answering calls.

5 comments:

strickland party of six said...

I think if you want to belt any kind of song and dance you should be able to do so its your free right as an "American" I know it might be somewhat imbarrasing but you know some people have major problems with us out going fun personalities people, you know??? So I say Go a head and sing your song!!!)

strickland party of six said...

Also I might add it is ok that you don't know all the words to the song either, that's what makes it so interesting you can make your own up. Like I said out going people. Fun to be around, loud and loving making people laugh all the time. Thats what make people love us!

emms _b said...

i want you to sing out at the top of your lungs and stretch your arms as wide as you can like the "somewhere over the rainbow" guy from American Idol last week. That way your dreams really will come true.

Jiles The Great said...

I've heard that song on the radio and I like it--except I want her not to push so much b/c she's going to kill her vocal chords. Don't kill your vocal chords, k? Haha but I love that you sing out loud at work, and I think if everyone burst into song more often maybe the world would be a better place.

Anonymous said...

chuckling....

I love that you describe perfectly what we all do with headphones on.