Monday, October 20, 2008

My Teeth Are Falling Out!

Remember that creepy reoccurring dream I have of my teeth falling out?

Apparently:

Dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others, it is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dreams may be rooted in fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of worries and anxiety.

[Have you met me in public?]

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in dreams may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

[It's like reading my journal... if i kept one]

Last night I had another weird dream, but I'm not sure I'm ready for more analysis into my psyche.

3 comments:

Jiles The Great said...

Hmmm...that sounds familiar, I feel like we've researched this before. In any case, it fits you. That's crazy weird. And I think you should write about your other dream so we can all explore the depths of your psyche. I'm willing to be it's super interesting.

Jiles The Great said...

willing to BET it's super interesting, not be. Geez.

Anonymous said...

Ewe. That would freak me out.